Friday, August 5, 2011

BIG NEWS!

But first, an overload of cute pictures of Lyla, taken yesterday, THE BIG DAY!





And here is the big news.... Lyla took her first steps on her own yesterday! She was standing and holding onto my fingers and seemed to be balancing really well so I let go, and she stood for a moment and then took EIGHT WHOLE STEPS by herself! She got a bit wobbly so I nabbed her before she plopped! I couldn't believe it! Then later we practiced having her walk between us, back and forth, and she could take maybe five steps at a time, on average. The problem is that she gets so excited that she leans way forward!

This is such a bitter sweet time in our lives! While I am so excited for Lyla to be walking next to me, exploring on her own, running and playing.... at times I still miss carrying her, asleep and snuggled close to my heart, all the day long! It seems so long ago and yet it really wasn't, less than a year!

Here's the little mover!


2 comments:

  1. Aww that's amazing! Yeah the most Alyson has taken is 4. I'm not in a rush for her to walk though haha.

    Oh Jazmyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know, they still seem too small, don't they??

    ReplyDelete