Sunday, December 18, 2011

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Wow, this is a much needed update!!!!!

We have been busy lately chasing around our busy busy toddler.

As far as milestones go... now it feels more like, what ISN'T she doing?! She is walking, running, dancing, singing (laaaa lalaa, dododododo), talking, hugging, kissing, crying, stomping, eating, sleeping, throwing, twirling.... the list goes on!

The list of words she can say feels like it grows every day! Most recently, she started saying "nigh nigh" before bed, and amazingly this has improved bedtime protests A LOT! I lay her down, say "night night lyla!" and she says "nigh nigh" and.... silence! no fuss! So parents, make sure you teach your tots to say "NIGHT NIGHT" asap ;) Also helpful for naps! (Now watch, tomorrow will be tantrum city before nap/bed!)

I sometimes forget how quickly she can pick up on words now.. in the car the other day, I said "crap!" and then heard a little "crap!" coming from the backseat.. Luckily I haven't heard that one since hahah.

I see Lyla growing up in so many other ways... she loves to laugh and is always cracking herself up! She remembers and talks about people she knows.. mostly mormor and baba (could be grandpa or grandma), but a lot of other relatives, too. She spends half the morning in the closet browsing her clothes. Then she brings me something and says "on" but as soon as I try to help her with it, she gets upset. She wants to do it all on her own.. unfortunately she doesn't know how to dress herself yet..... I don't know, I could go on forever! This is such a fun age, although we are starting to see some tantrums when something isn't exactly right or when TV time is over... terrible twos on its way?? Yesterday she got mad at me because I wanted to roll her sleeves up before we washed hands! Like sitting on the floor, crying mad! yikes!! This is a whole new realm of parenting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment