Tuesday, July 13, 2010

8 Weeks To Go

Have you ever met someone and thought, 'wow, that person will be a great mother?' Well, I would definitely NOT consider myself one of those people. And yet here i sit, 2 months away from being a parent for the rest of my life. Not quite what I had in mind for after college, but i can't complain!

You might wonder, how does it feel knowing you only have 2 months left of non-parenthood? So far it doesn't really feel like much. I don't know if I can fully comprehend what it means right now, what it will be like from her birthday on... Right now it almost doesn't feel like it's actually going to happen. It's like when you are packing for a huge trip.. and the reality of going to whatever place doesn't really hit you until you get there or maybe even a couple of days later. In short, it hasn't hit me yet! I should probably be feeling pretty scared.. and I am a bit a nervous, but I'm mostly so excited and getting impatient about how slowly time seems to be passing. I was thinking about how fast time went in the beginning.. months seemed to fly by.. and now the weeks just seem to be crawling along... every sunday feels like another HUGE milestone.

But I'm really excited to be a mom. I feel like it will be hard, but it can't be SO hard... people become new mothers every day!

So really this is going to be a blog about Lyla and her cuteness and all her happenings.

So far her cuteness is difficult to monitor bc of the opaque nature of human skin. Forever ago, before I even knew I was a pregnant, I had a dream that I had a clear belly and I could see a baby inside.. actually it was a kitten, so that was weird. and actually we could take the kitty out and put him back in.... anyway. it'd be cool to have a clear belly haha.

She's moving around a lot still.. but not as much as before, which is supposed to be normal at this time. She is getting a bit cramped in there.. and also sleeping a lot more to prepare for the BIG DAY! :O!!!

Birth. What an awful experience for a baby. Good thing they can't remember it. It would be traumatizing... 'I was passing the days sleeping and snuggling myself, minding my own business, when all of a sudden... i was SQUEEZED through a tiny hole and brought into a place that was cold and bright with so much noise etc....' I don't even want to think about what it will be like for myself so we just won't even go there.

Also we realized we can SEE my belly move when Lyla moves! So that is really cool! It's hard though bc its like.. Oh she's moving!!! and then we'll watch the belly.. and she's already stopped.... She's so sneaky! I already know that she is so cute and amazing hehe. We love her so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment