Friday, July 16, 2010

Gettin Fat [both of us]

The other day at work I was going down some stairs, and for the first time, I could really feel her weight in my belly! It was like with every step I could feel her being pulled down by gravity in there. So strange!

Anyway yesterday we had another doctor appt. Nothing too exciting to report there, everything is perfectly normal. We didn't get to see our doctor AGAIN for the 3rd time.. I think she's on vacation this week actually. Pretty routine appt, testing blood pressure, fetal heartbeat, measuring the height of the fundus, and all is well. We also asked the nurse if she could tell us how the baby's positioned right now... at the moment she's head down and will likely stay that way until birth.. her back and butt are on the left side and her little arms and legs are on the right side of my belly, which I kind of figured since I feel a lot of kicking over in that area.

Right now Maggie, Lyla and I are hanging out at the condo.. Maggie keeps barking whenever the people above us walk around, and I think her barking is startling Lyla, she kicks whenever Maggie is barking close to her! The new condo is great. It's already kind of a mess. We keep getting new stuff for it and I haven't put any of it away yet so it's just sitting all over the condo. It's also covered in Maggie drool... I already told Erik he has to clean it all up at some point. Anyway, besides the mess and drool, it's SO nice in here and a great first home for our little one! Hopefully Erik can paint the nursery tomorrow... our first baby shower is on Sunday and I want the room to be ready to have all the furniture put in it!! I can't wait for the shower, I think it'll be pretty fun!! PLUS we'll get lots of things for Lyla! I hate the idea of only ME opening presents in front of everyone though, how awkward.

only about 8 more weeks to go! AHH!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment