Saturday, July 31, 2010

Baby Showers!

Since the last post we've had TWO baby showers, one on July 18 and the other today! They have been SO fun, and we have gotten a lot of really awesome gifts!!!!

The first was with mostly relatives of mine, Erik's mom and sisters, and some family friends! We had GREAT food made by my Aunt Lois and my mom.. lots of cute little sandwiches, fruit and desserts!! We played a bunch of games.. we had to guess types of baby food, fill out a questionnaire about me, match the word 'baby' in other languages to the right language and match name meanings to names! it was fun! Then I opened gifts.. we got LOTS of big stuff.. the crib, high chair, exersaucer, stoller, and infant car seat.. plus tons of cute clothes and toys... My mom finished knitting a blanket for the baby, which is awwwwesome, and my grandma gave me a blanket that my great-grandma had knit for a future great great granddaughter back in 1990!! wow! it was SO nice and meaningful!! Oh we also got a baby carrier and a bundle me, which are both really great... anyway. lots of things! :)

Today we had a shower with Erik's relatives and family friends, mostly from Bethany i think... and we got TONS of stuff!! First we had more great food and then moved right to opening presents.. we got lots and lots of clothes, including SIX swimsuits!! I got a changing table mat, a boppy pillow, our pack and play, diaper genie and a baby swing, which looks like its going to be GREAT!!!!! Lots of cute beachy things, bath toys, diapers, bottles, shoes... lots of onesies... just tons of stuff!! After I eat some dinner I'm going to start organizing the stuff in Lyla's closet that I can fit in there! But there is SO much haha!! Some of my fave gifts: a little tennis racket with poofy tennis balls.. and a scrapbook started for us by Kari!!!! its sooo cute and leaves lots of space for pics and extra pages that we can put together!

Just seeing all the baby stuff in the condo makes me SO excited, the day really is coming up fast!!! And I feel like we still have lots to do to get ready! At the same time, can we really be fully prepared for such a life altering experience??! Probably not.. but we can prepare as much as possible =)

Only 6 more weeks!!!! I can't WAIT to put a baby in all our new stuff hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment